AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad is retiring and moving into a new home. We have talked about updating his home theater system. One of the subjects we have discussed has been a dvd server so they can store there dvd collection out of the way and make browsing dvds easier. I don't want him to invest several thousand dollars into a commercial dvd server and figured an HTPC would work great. In the home theater upgrade, we are planning to replace his pioneer HD RPTV with a new 1080p DLP RPTV.

Now normally I would say make a disk image of everything so they can have full quality and all the disc features. I know this will take a lot of space but we are planning on using two 500gig hard drives in a RAID 0 config to give us a 1tb of storage. This should be enough for about 150 movies considering that not all there movies are dvd9.

My question is about Divx 6. With this version they say you can have interactive menus and choose the language. I have looked for software that supports divx6 but so far I can not find anything that will do the menus.

Is there any software on the market that will compress the DVD to divx or another mpeg4 method but retain the dvd menu system so I looks and acts as close to the original dvd as possible?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.