AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which DVD software, if any, could get my CRT's (ECP4100)resolution close to that of a plasmz Screen?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
PowerDVD, WinDVD and ATI's player probably all could. Why exactly do you want to do that? Most plamsa screens have relatively low resolutions...

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I witnessed "Jordan to the MAX" on DVD Through a Plasma Screen. The picture was so clear that I felt I was spike Lee on the front row in the Garden. I want that type of resolution!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
What model plasma did you see it on? Plasma's favorable reviews usually have more to do with their good contrast ratio versus resolution.

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Screen was a Sony.....Would I need to attach a DVDO between the HTPC and the Projector to receive better resolution? What about contrast? Can that be adjusted with DVD Genie?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.