AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent thread on the number of DVD's we own got me to thinking about how we store our collections. I have a cheap rack that is about to fill up and I'm looking for alternatives.

I'm considering one of these:
Spinning Tower 1060 as it would hold all of my DVD's all of my CD's and have room for future expansion.

I'd love to hear if others have used this and what they think of it. I'd also love to hear other options for storing large numbers of discs without dedicating a wall to rack space.

Thanks!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Linda, I got tired of the cheap racks. They mostly aren't made to look like furniture, at least the kind I tend to buy.

Most of them also have a modernistic bent, which doesn't exactly fit with the $4000 cherry entertainment center I got for my Elite.

As I was browsing through my Levenger catalog, there they were: the Bookbox II shelves.

The normal version (they also come in a deep version) leaves about 2-3 inches from the spine of a keep case to the end of the shelf. I bought 2 medium units, and 2 extra shelves, for a total of 6 shelves of storage. I have a little over 200 DVDs stored in 4 1/2 shelves of space.

And best of all, it looks like furniture, not a cheap DVD rack. And if I decide to get a carousel sometime in the future, I can put other stuff on them.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: the bookboxes can be arranged however you like. If you want a relatively thin, high unit, you can stack them. If you want a low, wide unit, you can put them side by side. The seperate units are also made so they can be attached into a single unit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Linda

I'm considering one of these:
Spinning Tower 1060 as it would hold all of my DVD's all of my CD's and have room for future expansion.

Thanks!
I had one of these, and I found that it was always in my way, I have custom made book shelves for housing my CDs, DVDs, and VHS, my biggest unit is 8ft x 8ft, this one holds mainly CDs. my next unit is 4ft h x 8ft w, and a small one that is 4ft h x 2ft w, they are made to match one another and are made of black stained Birch. They look better than any prefab racks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.