Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have some non-anamorphic dvd titles that have the subtitles positioned a bit beneath the picture. This is a bit annoying since I have a Pio 503 and I want to watch everything in fullscreen. If I zoom in a part of the subtitles are cut off, if I don't zoom in I have some black bars that I really don't want (to avoid burn in).

Is there any dvd player that allows me to reposition the subtitles position relative to the picture (or vice-versa) ?

I'm not looking for an HTPC based solution, just a "standard" dvd player with this feature.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of subtitles. If only those idiots that made those subtitles had a 16:9 display...

I remember one company (Skyworth?!) that had a DVD player that would not change the subtitle position when you zoomed in. However, that works for >= 1.85 : 1.

Personally, I have a zoom setting that's slightly offset higher. I lose a part of the top part of the screen (but subtitles aren't cut off), but since my wife likes subtitles (although we watch alot of English speaking material, she's always afraid she missed something) - we often need to use it with non-anamorphic titles.

Your best bet is to try the DVD player forum.

·
Registered
299 Posts
In zoom mode on the 503MXE you can use the up and down arrows on the remote to scroll the image on screen and so you can choose to have the sub-titles displayed fully at the cost of a bit at the top of the image.

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm aware of that Mark, but if I show the subtitles completely the black bar also appears... in time I'll have a "whiter" bottom bar :(

I'll try the dvd forum. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.