AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get either of the DVDs I ripped to Divx to play or be streamed to the PS3. I'm just trying to have a digital copy of it (so I don't have to get up to swap disks, I know, lazy) with 5.1 sound. First I tried squishing an .avi and a 6ch ac3 track from the disk together, but no dice. The PS3 doesn't support what comes out at the end. It is 1.8GB (close to the 2GB limit), could that be the problem?

Next I tried just keeping the vob intact (some here have it working in such a way), but, again, it doesn't play.

I remember there being a thread about compatible Divx files, but I don't think it took off and was filled with a whole lot of info. Is anybody here playing files off a hard drive with 5.1 and near DVD quality, and if so, do you remember how you made the magic happen?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
PS3 Video 9 with a custom profile.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30XS955 User /forum/post/13006170

PS3 Video 9 with a custom profile.

Had problems with the PSP edition, but I'll give it a go. Thank yee.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini123 /forum/post/13006753

Had problems with the PSP edition, but I'll give it a go. Thank yee.

The PSP edition was wack, but the PS3 version is solid.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There doesn't seem to be a 5.1 option.

·
Registered
835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interspy24 /forum/post/13020809

Wow, very helpful!

Quick question though. I'm also using hd dvfab. Is there a way to backup the entire disc?

You can, but you won't be able to stream it or play it with your PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interspy24 /forum/post/13020809

Also, how long does it take to convert to vob using the second program? Thanks.

I think it really depends on your PC. It takes mine about 5 minutes. Others have reported that it took theirs more than an hour.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So this would work for Blu-Ray movies also (assuming I have a Blu-Ray drive in my PC)? Will the PS3 play files larger than 2GB from the internal HD or from an external USB HD?

Sorry if these have been answered before.

Kestin

·
Registered
835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestin M /forum/post/13025614

So this would work for Blu-Ray movies also (assuming I have a Blu-Ray drive in my PC)? Will the PS3 play files larger than 2GB from the internal HD or from an external USB HD?

Sorry if these have been answered before.

Kestin

My guide won't work for Blu-Rays, but it is certainly possible to do. The PS3 will play big files from its internal hard drive or by streaming, but not from USB (there is a 4 GB limit).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts