|Originally posted by TomC|
I could add titles in the sense that it let me get into the screens and enter the letters, but when I went back to the title 5 seconds later it was gone, like I could send the titles but the disc wasn't taking them. When I gave up and just decided to finalize, that's when I got the message on the recorder "cannot finalize"
Bad media sounds like a logical cause. I will try again tonight. I just didn't want to make too many coasters without knowing what was happening.
Tom, I've never had this happen, so I'm pretty much shooting in the dark.
It's just a hunch, but I'm wondering if MAYBE you might have jumped the gun during the titling process. Did you hit the "STOP" button as soon as you entered your last letter --- then wait approx. 5-7 seconds for the program to resume playing on its own? If not, you may have confused the unit before it finished that process --- thereby corrupting some info on the disk. NOTE: Be sure NOT to hit ENTER or RETURN when activating completed titles (after last letter is typed and entered) --- use "STOP" to complete the process and give it time to process.
IMPORTANT: If by chance you are hitting "RETURN" after your last title letter is entered, you are simple EXITING the titling process without actually completing a title. This is a possibility as to why you don't see a title immediately afterwards.
Try this, re-insert the disk and see if all scenes will play normally without titles. If yes, repeat the titling process carefully and be sure to hit "STOP" to activate each title (wait for processing), then see if title actually took. AFter all programs are titled, try to finalize again.
If that doesn't work (i.e. disc cannot finalize or play), I speculate that you probably somehow corrupted the disc during titling. Try a new disc and go slowly.
I personally do not enter individual program titles directly to DVD-R discs. I title each program while it is still on the Hard Drive and let it transfer the title with the dubbing process automatically. For me, -R discs are just too fickle, so I want to do the least editing possible after it is burned.