AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally ordered a h2160 and am waiting for about a week for it to arrive. I have heard that some dvd types can't record in the 16:9 aspect ratio - whether that be a letterboxed recording, anamorphic, or whatever. I understand that all dvd players don't record in high definition - but I am not concerned about that. My concern is simply that the proper aspect ratio is maintained.

Since it's a +vr recorder - will it record a 16:9 letterboxed or anamorphic show to dvd with any dvd type (DVD+rw, DVD-rw, dvd-r, dvd+r)? Or will it only record to 16:9 ratio with a specific type of recordable dvd?

TIA,

--Rob

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
You don't need any particular type of DVD for recording WS programs with the Mag 2160A.

Here's a help file with info on recommended DVDs and how best to use them. You'll use them for dubbing but you'll probably want to record to the more-reliable HDD first.

You should set your 2160A's Video > TV Aspect to "16:9 Wide" to assure that WS programs on digital channels get recorded properly for WS playback , as described in this help file on "aspect."

Click the #1 link in my signature and bookmark it for easy ref. to all the help files you might need in the future.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Lopaka, to record anamorphic, you need an anamorphic signal from your source. Most cable co. STBs will not provide an anamorphic signal on their S-Video outs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts