AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to do to hook up my DVD component output (RCA: Y, Pr, Pb) to my new video projector (D-sub: VGA)? I have 15 feet to go in-wall/ceiling.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Unlike satellite HDTV tuners, many of which are selectable for Y Pr Pb or RGBHV output, DVD players usually have composite, S, or Y Pr Pb (component) out. If the projector has a component in mode then you only need an appropriate cable; if not, a device called a transcoder is required, along with appropriate cables. See www.keydigital.com for info on transcoders, see www.bettercables.com for cabling help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The projector lists Y, Pb, Pr as one of the acceptible inputs, and some 15 different video resolution/framerate combinations it can handle. I'm more than confident it can do this, but I'm just looking for a good source for the cable- whether it's custom, or a stock adaptor that I then tack on to my own RCA cables for component.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You can buy a 15' Component to XVGA cable from Ultralink. It's CL3 rated so you can use it inwall or in celing. You don't need a transcoder to that direction only the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.