AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any HT enthusiasts who have done side by side comparisons between the Denon DVD1600 and the RP82 or the XP30. I figure that if I am going to pay over $250 for a DVD player that I might as well get some good build quality (Denon) out of the deal. Any views on this subject are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo
Are there any HT enthusiasts who have done side by side comparisons between the Denon DVD1600 and the RP82 or the XP30.
I have. The 1600 sounds a little better for DVD-A than the RP-82, but PQ is virtually identical between the players. While some people think the build quality of the Denon is better, the RP82's build quality is not as bad as others have made out. The XP30 and 50 have excellent build quality and are is some of the quietest players I have ever heard (or not heard ;) ). The Pannies also have features that the Denon lacks, such as time remaining and time search functions. If you don't need DVD-A get the XP30 (around $200), if you want DVD-A get the XP50 (around $300).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Does the XP-50 have the same PQ and Faroudja chipset as the 82 and Denon 1600? If not, can you please tell me the differences? I was giving up on Panasonics since there are no readily available 82s and going to go for either a Denon 1600, 1805 or Yamaha 6480.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The xp50 is the rp82 in a new package.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nahtanoj
Does the XP-50 have the same PQ and Faroudja chipset as the 82 and Denon 1600? If not, can you please tell me the differences? I was giving up on Panasonics since there are no readily available 82s and going to go for either a Denon 1600, 1805 or Yamaha 6480.
Yes the XP50 has the same PQ, Faroudja chip and mpeg decoder as the RP82, XP30 and 1600.

Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo
The xp50 is the rp82 in a new package.
Actually the XP50 is basically a RP82 in a different package, as both units were released at the same time and both have gone out of production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.