AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been using DVDFab 9 to copy Blu-Rays to my server, and I am finding with DVDFab-9 it is taking about 1.5 to 2 hours. I would be interested in what speeds other are seeing and the settings they are using. I am using Copy Mode, Full Disc copy. I think one of the settings I may need to change is under the drives tab on the common settings window, I may need to change it from recommended to fastest, but I am not certain.

I want to maintain the full quality of the copy so I have selected on the Blu-Ray tab:
  • Enable full scan
  • Slow Speed / High Quality

Any suggestions / recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
What type of hardware are you using for Ripping?

I believe you need to set the settings for both audio and video to "Passthrough", thus enabling you to perform direct rips of the disc. I have an Dell Laptop with an I5 processor and 4 gigs of RAM and it takes about 45 minutes to rip a full disc, which also includes all audio options available.

The files will range between 30 to 45 gigs depending on whats included on the disc (Blu Ray - m2ts with Dolby TrueHD or DTSMA). DVDs should be about 6 gigs and should take about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My results are inline with groove93's. 45 min to an hour for each BD, with "full disc" setting. I've never tired anything but full disc so I don't know if any time savings are gained by selecting only the main movie. As long as you have the BD 50 selection used, it will copy the full disc, untouched.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Any type of compression going on with the ripping process will take longer, no matter the hardware spec of your system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts