AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to author a DVD using a Replay tv mpeg as source to no avail. The steps I take are as follows, pull the mpeg (standard quality from 5040) from replay using dvarchive, edit using rtvtools/revue, demux with rtvtools/revue. I then try to input the two streams in dvdlad, and get an error that says my stream is off or some such and I should go to the tools menu to try the "fix stream headers" option. WHen I try this option DVDlab tells me that it cannot fix the file.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong or provide some suggestions on what I should try?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmm...

That is odd, because I use the same method to record my DVD's. I pull the video over with DVArchive, then open them in Revue. Create new demuxed DVD without commercials. Then pull the two new files that were created by Revue (they have DMX in the file name now) into DVD lab without any errors or sound sync issues. Once the DVD is compiled in DVD lab, I burn it using Nero 6 ultra edition. I've created several DVD's with 12 or so 30 min episodes or 3 two hour long movies, none of which have had any sound sync issues or any other anomalies. The only thing that I can suggest is to ensure you are pulling the right copy of the video into DVD lab.

Hope this helps,

Byrd Dog

·
Registered
217 Posts
You might want to try using medium quality rather than standard. Standard quality MPEGs on an RTV5K are [email protected] VBR. Medium quality is [email protected] VBR. Most DVDs are [email protected] MAX VBR. Although 352x480 is supported by the DVD spec, not all players and/or software may support it.

I've successfully made many DVDs using RTV MPEGs, but I've always used medium quality.

RF

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
9 times out of 10 DVDlab can be coerced into accepting a ReplayTV Mpeg. But that last one it'll never take no matter what you throw at it. I suggest you re-encode the mpeg. Then DVDlab will play nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been using the medium setting and then downloading w/DVArchive.

Once dl'd, I now use Womble's MPG2VCR (at first I balked at the price, and tried several others, but after using it for awhile, I haven't found ANY editor that works nearly as well, or as easily; the controls are very intuative) the GOP fixer utility they use works wonders on audio sync issues! It also has a stream converter utility that fixes files that have video sync probs (ie: tape drop outs, etc.) quickly & easily. I won't use anything else.

After editing I have been using Ulead's DVD Workshop or Sony's DVD Architect (this one is really expensive, but fortunatly I got a copy with the burner I bought from them) and have been very succesful at making DVD's, in particular making very nice quality video tape archives, complete with menus and chapters, just like store bought DVD's (using only tapes that I already own, of course. I am no pirate!).

I've done a lot of reading in various places (lurking here for over a year now) and I have seen many recommendations for this process, and can now attest to it's high success rate.

Hope this helps, and many thanks to the many people on this forum for thier guidance! I can take no credit for any of this info.

The Wyldman

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have finally burned a DVD. The attempt has been mostly successful. It turns out I was actually using the evtedit gui instead of revue. I used Revue last night, and I was able to edit the file and use dvdlab. DVDlab still gave an error about needing to fix the stream, but it was actually able to fix it this time! There is some slight clicking in the sound when played on my dvd player, but other than that all is well.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the sound?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.