AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? I can't get DVDLobby working, it apparently comes with limited, cryptic instructions. The menu editor appears buggy and has few instructions. What am I missing?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you supposed to clikc on the HTML page to run DVDLobby? I don't want to run this in a web browser......

Who all uses this with ZP? With ripped DVDs on the HD? Can you share some setup files?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Hey Thinker,

No - you run the program dvdlobbypro.exe.

A batch file is used to launch your movies which are located on your hard drive.

Are you trying to play movies from your hard drive or just from a single DVD player source from your computer?

If you can provide more details I may be able to help more.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must be my machine Mario. I'll figure it out. Sounds like people love this program and I am gonna get it working--my HTPC has to be more wife-friendly. I am running a bunch of my HD, so I'll write batch files with ZppmPlayer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have been running the menu editor without any problems. Importing .xml files from DVD Profiler, Sorting editing, etc. I wish most of the programs I paid for gave me this much utility.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't use DVD Profiler. How do I erase the manual fake stuff in DVDLobby? When I run menu editor, it sticks in images, but doesn't show me the fake stuff. I think I am having menu editor issues.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the 10 fake DVDs like SHrek and other stuff that come already pre-loaded in DVDLobby. I don't have profiler or MSAccess; is that required?

Isn't there a way to make this run 4:3?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes there is:

A Black box pops up for a split second when I load a movie. How can I hide it?

The black window that pops up is the DOS command line window. There is a trick to hiding it though.

From the Windows Start menu select RUN. Then type 'cmd' and press return. Goto Properties under the Control Menu. Change the default Window Position->Top value to be greater than your screen height. Doing this will make the DOS command window for batch files open and run off screen.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Thinker,

Try using a negative number instead of a postive number to move the DOS window.

Also, are you planning on displaying the Movie Overview information? If not, you really don't need Profiler. Just put the dvd's in the dvdimages directory numbered as such. dvd0001.jpg, dvd0002.jpg, etc.

The current version although scales to any display, was designed to accomodate 16:9 monitors. Although, you could set a larger image for the background and it could cover up the bottom bar, but you would always have a top black bar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.