AVS Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 7300 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J /forum/post/14865614

Put one with superior de-interlacing first and on with superior scaling second.

That can't work in this scenario, since EDGE has to output at a fixed resolution... so will always be doing scaling to one resolution or the other.

As I've said before, EDGE does a grand job interlacing the output from the HDP... which was no slouch in the first place. ARTEFACT FREE!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just received my DVDO Edge and looking forward to trying it out later today. A quick question though: When (firmware/software) updates are available is it a lengthy process to upgrade it like the VP50 (witch I also own).. Hate having to spend like 20-30minutes everytime a fix is released ;-)

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unready /forum/post/14868285

Just received my DVDO Edge and looking forward to trying it out later today. A quick question though: When (firmware/software) updates are available is it a lengthy process to upgrade it like the VP50 (witch I also own).. Hate having to spend like 20-30minutes everytime a fix is released ;-)

Updating takes about 15 seconds at most. You plug in the USB cable, hold down the service button at the back, it gets recognised as an external drive on your computer, you replace the .abt file on EDGE with the new one, disconnect the USB device, unplug and power cycle EDGE... and you're done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks eiren :)

I'll feel a lot safer upgrading the unit now. On my old VP50 I sorta got frightened that something could go wrong duing the loooong upgrade process.

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
iMBest was banned from the Beta forum. Anything he posts needs to be read with caution. He may just have an axe to grind. Of course you never know, maybe after being banned he still decided to support DVDO and actually try a retail version... I wouldn't though...

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiren /forum/post/14868289

Updating takes about 15 seconds at most. You plug in the USB cable, hold down the service button at the back, it gets recognised as an external drive on your computer, you replace the .abt file on EDGE with the new one, disconnect the USB device, unplug and power cycle EDGE... and you're done.

Does this work with a USB flash drive connected to the EDGE?

My computer is not located physically close to the EDGE location.

It would be REALLY convenient if the EDGE just sucked in the file from the flash drive.

Or did you mean that the EDGE is recognized by the computer as an external drive, and you have to move the file from the computer to the EDGE?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
you need to hook it to the computer loki...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J /forum/post/14866071

If you had a front projector CRT you would.

I do. I don't.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee /forum/post/14868930

I do. I don't.

Like to burn that phosphorus, huh?

·
Registered
8,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/14869301

I thought CRTs were extinct?

They all but are. However I hope mine lives as long as I do.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J /forum/post/14869329

They all but are. However I hope mine lives as long as I do.

Extinct - heck no. I have 4 in captivity right now...which is also why I'm not going to sweat a few burned out phospors.
I have a pair of 9 inchers I haven't bothered to hang yet - when my trusty Runco dies, I'll just go to the next in line.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting note - I did a side by side comparison of the latest Pioneer (PDP6020FD) and a old CRT TV I still had. The Pioneer actually has better black levels. Now if that DVDO Edge would just arrive! Does anyone know if they sold out? A lot of of authorized dealers are now showing them as back-ordered versus out of stock. I hope this does not become a really long wait........

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
As the shipments come in, they are selling very fast.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh83733 /forum/post/14868125

Not sure who you are, but you seem to just want to post rubbish to stir up trouble....like earlier when you got kicked from Beta Forum.

If you had an EDGE you would know the unit works at 240v without the need for a transformer.

I used my EDGE constantly in the UK for around 2 months now without a single power issue.

Thanks for the follow-up, Russ. I knew I could count on a fellow beta tester to walk through the door that I left open.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
What amazing things do HD-DVD/BD need done to them?

1641 - 1660 of 7300 Posts