AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my DVDO Edge since spring '09. I bought it for my new dedicated theater at the time since I wasn't ready to make a decision on a new AVR or PrePro with HDMI at the time and needed to switch a couple of HDMI inputs, a component input and a composite input to my Pioneer (JVC) projector and run sound thru my Linn Unidisk SC. Everything worked great and the picture was fabulous. Recently the Edge just stopped working. It turns on but only the red light comes up on the face and no output to the projector. I removed the Edge from the system and drove the HDMI sources direct to the projector to isolate the problem. In the meantime, I emailed support at DVDO and the response was to upgrade the firmware. My question is how do I do that when the unit will not output a display of any sort including it's own menu? Am I missing something?

Also, what's the warranty on the Edge?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaslistener
Am I missing something?
Yes, the firmware update instructions, it's clearly documented and you don't need any visual output from the device to do this ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I just tried to do the update. And btw, I asked this "how to" question to DVDO support via email and never got a reply. When I tried the update, I got an error message stating that my computer could not find the edge. It is plugged in and the red light on the front panel is lit, the computer is connected via usb and I tried hitting the edge reset. NOTHING. I think the unit is dead. Anyone know the warranty? Any secret to getting support from DVDO. Are there any other competitive products? Should I attempt to get the same or similar functionality in an AVR or AV Pre/Pro? If so, whose technology? So far, I'm impressed with the Anchor Bay technology but not their support.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I figured the unit was dead as you couldn't get the display to read. Anyway try and give DVDO a call. Send the unit back for repair. Most support starts out with updating the firmware just in case it gets corrupted. However if the USB cannot find the Edge it is time to send it off for repair. It's only a couple of years old at most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts