Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I need some help

I have an NEC VT 540 and I have just purchased a dvdo iscan v2 I have hooked up my dvd player (non-progressive scan) to the iscan and then have used a vga cable from the iscan to the projector. The picture looks much better EXCEPT I am receiving a small area at the bottom of the screen with no picture , it is grey I have played with the clock and phase controls on my nec vt 540 to no avail the small area at the bottom of the screen remains grey, receiving no signal. The input on the nec says RGB and so I have set the iscan to RGB out rather than pyrb.

Any thoughts as to why the signal is missing just at the bottom of the screen? ( it has nothing to do with the various squeeze modes)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Quote:
have used a vga cable from the iscan to the projector
Is it a real VGA cable, or does it just pass the R, G, B pins? The reason I ask is that I had to clip a few pins from my VGA cable (the V and H sync pins), 'cause they confused my vt540. Sometimes I'd get a picture, sometimes not, sometimes I'd get a rather strange picture. It seems that the IScan (at least the Pro) always puts out H and V sync, even if it's in Y Cr Cb colorspace.

After using just the R, G and B pins (i.e. Y Cr Cb), things have worked flawlessly.

Also, is your unit a vt540k or a vt540?

-Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.