AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony W9000 which has a 15 pin dsub VGA connection. I have an Xbox on order, and a PS2 currently. I was thinking of picking up a DVDO iScan Pro, for my SVideo from a DirecTivo, and I saw this unit has Component In (Y/PB/Pr). If I am reading this right, I can use the PS2 or XBox Component out, run into the IScan Component In. Utilizing RGB out, I should be able to see High def Xbox or PS2, or DirecTivo. Is this correct. If not, I will use Dscaler and my HTPC for DirecTivo, and buy an Audio Authority Component to VGA transcoder. Anyone with experience..? And is there a preffered VGA switch for multiple VGA sources to use..?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
No you won't get Hi Def anything. Iscan Pro outputs 480p only (or 576p for PAL).
www.siimage.com says input is interlaced NTSC or PAL/SECAM and another site lists input as 1 composite, 1 s -vid and 1 component (YPrPb) so you can use this to "fix" the PS2 field based output on a lot of the games. Most Xboxsgames should be 480p already but you'll need some kind of adapter to convert YPrPb to VGA RGB (I'm assuming your TV's VGA input is RGB) which you can get for around $180 or use the iscan pro I think if it will accept a 480p signal - which the official website does not say it does.

So this will be useful for your DirectTivo and PS2 to convert to 480p and it will serve as the YPbPr to RGB converter for you Xbox(maybe).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that the component in is interlaced only. So it would help the PS2 480i by converting it to 480p. It does not do Progressive component, so the xbox is out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.