AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6829 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the definitive spec sheet on the DVDO iScan VP30:

The iScan VP30 is a high-definition video processor and A/V hub that converts standard or high definition from your DVD player, VCR, PVR, HD set top box, game console, or PC to any output resolution between VGA and 1080p, including popular HDTV resolutions such as 720p and 1080i.

VRS Precision Video Scaling II technology by ABT - 10-bit Scaling with Enhanced Sharpness Control

Motion and source adaptive video deinterlacing for NTSC (3:2 and 2:2 pulldown; video) and PAL/SECAM (2:2 pulldown; video) sources (SiI504)

Upgradeable to the VRS Precision Deinterlacing Card (ABT102)

SD(480i/576i) Source, Motion and Edge Adaptive Deinterlacer

o Five-field motion adaptive deinterlacing
o Edge adaptive processing to produce smooth diagonal edges
o Three frame video processing delay (Max)
o Game Modes with very low latency (sub-1 frame delay/2 frame delay with Edge adaptive processing)

Arbitrary cadence detection (any:any) to detect non-standard cadences in input signals.
o Reliable 2:2 pull-down detection for 50Hz countries
o Detection of 2:2 to/from 3:2 crossfades and out of phase 3:2 crossfades
o Detection of multiple source types within a frame for example video titles over film
o Bad edit detection and compensation to minimize artifacts caused by sequence breaks in film content

ABT's Precision A/V Lipsync - Intelligent digital audio delay technology to match Audio and Video timing

ABT's Rightrate - High-Performance Framerate Conversion

ABT's AutoVFR - Intelligent Component Video Inputs with Automatic Video Format Routing

ABT's AutoCUE-C - Automatic Chroma Upsampling Error detection and correction

User defined output resolution from VGA (640x480) to 1080p (1920x1080)

Analog HD Transcoding and Processing

Gamma Correction - 0.5-2.5

Input Aspect Ratio Controls

Presets: 4:3 full frame, 4:3 letterbox, Panorama, 16:9 full frame or user-defined aspect ratio (10)

Flexible Horizontal and Vertical Zooming & Panning controls

Overscan Adjustment per input

Output Aspect Ratio Controls

Presets: 4:3, 16:9, 2.35:1 or custom output aspect ratio

Separate Display/Screen Adjustments

Underscan Adjustment to eliminate Overscan inherent in a display

10 User-Defined 'Display Profiles' - For multiple display, framerate, and image shift configurations (10)

10-bit 300MHz Instrumentation Quality DACs (2x Oversampling for 1080p)

Full-frame Timebase Correction

High performance, multi-standard video decoder (10-bit: 480i/576i; 12-bit: 480p/576p/720p/1080i)

High-quality super-adaptive comb filter with 2D Y/C separation

Flexible Digital and Analog Audio switching and routing - 4 HDMI audio/video inputs, 5 assignable audio inputs (4 digital, 1 analog) with 1 HDMI audio/video output and 2 active digital audio outputs.

Software Upgradeable

Predefined output resolutions for Plasma, DLP, LCD, LCOS, and CRT-based displays:

480p (720x480)

576p (720x576)

720p (1280x720)

1080i (1920x1080)

1080p (1920x1080)

VGA (640x480)

SVGA (800x600)

XGA (1024x768)

SXGA (1280x1024)

848x600

852x480

1024x576

1024x1024 (ALIS)

1280x768

1280x960

1365x1024

1366x768

1400x788

1400x1050

1440x960

1440x1152

User customizeable output resolution from 480p (720x480) to 1080p (1920x1080)

Technical Specifications

Inputs

Twelve Video Inputs Available

Two Composite (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)

Two S-Video (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)

Two Component (YPbPr or RGB/S) processes 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i

One RGBHV/Component (BNC-style connectors) processes 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, VGA/SVGA/XGA/[email protected]

Four HDMI processes 480i/p, 576 i/p, 720p, 1080i, VGA/SVGA/XGA/[email protected]

One Optional SD-SDI (Serial Digital Interface) processes 480i/576i

Nine Audio Inputs

Four HDMI

Two Coaxial Digital

Two Optical Digital

One Analog Pair (L/R)

Outputs

One Analog Video Output

Using High Quality BNC-style connectors

Configurable for YPbPr, RGBHV, RGB/S, or RGB

One Digital Audio/Video Output

Using HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connector

Configurable for YCbCr or RGB

Also carries audio

Two Digital Audio Outputs

One Coaxial Digital

One Optical Digital

Controls

Front Panel

Infrared remote control with direct access codes or manual controls on front panel

Functions accessible via either On Screen Display (OSD) or 2 line, 20 character front-panel LED display

RS232 port for software downloads and automation.

Fully programmable controls for each separate video input with non-volatile memories:

- Automatic input source detection & input priority selection

- Picture controls with memory for each input: Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Y/C Delay, Sharpness

Output Controls: Analog/Digital, Format/Resolution, Aspect Ratio, Sync Type, Colorspace (RGB or YPbPr),

Frame Lock, Display Profiles (10)

35 Built-in test patterns for ease of set up

Miscellaneous

Power

Universal AC mains input: 100 - 240 VAC @ 50-60 Hz

Consumption

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I will say two things:

1) The Front Panel Display is actually a 2 line, 20 character display

2) This is pre-production unit in the picture, there will be no imperfections in the machining on the production units.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great stuff Josh & co, cant wait to see the final specs & pricing. Well Monday is not that far away.

If only the pic had showed the more interesting rear end

·
Registered
50 Posts
ABT= Anchor Bay Technologies

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I take it this is the new DVDO that is to compete with the Dragonfly. As I am about to finalize my new setup and start buying stuff, I am KEENLY interested. I need a box that will handle two DVI inputs, at least one component input, outputs 1400 x 1050 @ 60hz on DVI or HDMI, and has competent deinterlacing of SD video and film sources.

That's my wish list.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Most compelling.

Looking forward to August 15!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Is this a DVDO HD+ with HDMI? Or is there more too it? Does it have HQV/Realta? Motion adaptive processing? So many damn questions and no answers 'til Monday. C'mon throw us a bone.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

I will not discuss any specs until Monday
, but here is a better picture of the front panel of the iScan VP30:

Your answer, Kraig.

But even I know it's more than "just an Iscan HD+ with HDMI." (Although not much more.)

Isn't there another thread around here talking about WSR's 100th issue having some ad for the supposed hardware this thing will have? Either Gennum or Faroudja, etc.?

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Josh,

Can you tell us anything about when we should expect to be able to buy the product? I'm not sure if you are saying that it will be available this month or not, but I'm hoping that an announcement this much before CEDIA means availability soon.

--Darin

·
Registered
423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigk /forum/post/0

Does it have HQV/Realta? Motion adaptive processing?

Rumor is it will not use the Realta chip and it will compete with the other next gen scalers. One can deduce it will have 1080i processing.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman_y /forum/post/0

Rumor is it will not use the Realta chip and it will compete with the other next gen scalers. One can deduce it will have 1080i processing.

Aside: Your avatar and caption literally made me LMAO. Kind of scary, but mostly downright hilarious!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ /forum/post/0

Your answer, Kraig.

But even I know it's more than "just an Iscan HD+ with HDMI." (Although not much more.)

Isn't there another thread around here talking about WSR's 100th issue having some ad for the supposed hardware this thing will have? Either Gennum or Faroudja, etc.?

I've not seen anything definitive as to what this new VP30 has/does. The only thing I can recall is them saying the algorithms are ABT:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...bt#post5735528

4 HDMI with audio is all we know so far, good start anyways..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Josh

can we put inside the sdi card of my iscan hd ?

is there a dvi output for connecting with my hd2k because the hdmi connection is not as strong connection as a dvi !

if your product is ready before the dragonfly i will stop my order

·
Registered
447 Posts
Josh,

Can you comment in vague general terms (yes/no) if there will be an upgrade program for existing HD/HD+ users as you've done in the past?

-John

·
Premium Member
35,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams /forum/post/0

Josh,

Can you comment in vague general terms (yes/no) if there will be an upgrade program for existing HD/HD+ users as you've done in the past?

-John

He says as much in the first post,

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

We will have pricing/trade-up discounts and complete product info available on our website at that time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
keenan,

Hmmmm....clearly someone switched my regular leaded coffee with decaf.

Monday will actually be good timing for me -- I was going to send off my HD to JVB for an HD+ upgrade next Tuesday, but perhaps now I won't. It's going to be a long weekend of waiting.

Thanks!

-John

1 - 20 of 6829 Posts