AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 6829 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,904
I would like to address several issues.

The first is the senstivity of the IR on the iScan VP30. We have identifed that the IR lens is the cause of this issue. We would like our customers to have the best user experience and as such we are offering to correct this issue at little to no cost to our customers*. These are the ways to go about this service.

1. Return your iScan VP30 to DVDO via ground shipping and we will service your iScan VP30 and ship it back to you via ground shipping within 48 hours. This option retains all of your system settings and shipping is paid by DVDO both ways.

2. Return your iScan VP30 to DVDO via overnight shipping and we will service your iScan VP30 and ship it back to you via overnight shipping within 48 hours. This option retains all of your system settings and is expedited relative to Option 1. Only the return shipping is paid for by DVDO.

Send an email to [email protected] with VP30 IR' in the subject line. Please be sure to include the following information:

Name

Phone Number

Email Address

Shipping Address

VP30 Serial Number (on the bottom of the unit and the original box)

Which option you will be using

A third option is available to those who feel comfortable removing the front panel on their own. Instructions will be provided to simplify this procedure. Please note that we do not expect you to do this fix on your own and that is why we are offering to do the fix ourselves.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,905
Next, I would like to address the audio issues that have been reported by users. We have been trying to duplicate these problems in our lab with the equipment that we have. From what we can tell these problems are hardware incompatibility issues as some systems do not exhibit any problems at all. It looks like several of those with issues are in our local area. We would like as much information about your system and if you are open to it we would like to come check out your system to try to debug the problem. If you are in the Bay Area and you would like to help us out, send an email to [email protected] with your system info and contact information and 'VP30 Audio Help' in the subject line.

Please note that we have resolved one of the reported audio issues. The VP30 can pass 5.1 from an HDMI or Coax/Optical input over the HDMI output. If this output is connected to a display which can only process PCM or DD2.0 you may get noise through the speakers. This can be corrected by forcing the source to output one of these audio signals. If this is not an option you can use the analog audio input for that source.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,906
We will have the software with the 1080i input->1080i output bug resolved posted on our website by tomorrow evening at the latest. Thank you GaryM for your support.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,907
We will have the complete list of factory remote hex codes posted on our website by tomorrow evening at the latest. In addition, we will have a .ccf file. We will continue to update this with many other discrete IR codes in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Josh -

In option 3. that you mention above, can I assume DVDO pays the Overnight cost and the user pays the shipping on the unit that is returned?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchyboy /forum/post/0

Josh -

In option 3. that you mention above, can I assume DVDO pays the Overnight cost and the user pays the shipping on the unit that is returned?

Thanks.

Correct

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will the instructions for replacing the IR lens be posted on the DVDO website? I'm comfortable opening the unit up - I already added the SDI option to my VP30. If it's a simple procedure, I think that's the way I'll go.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,911
The instructions will be shipped with the lense and posted on the website. I need to write them and take some pictures first though.

Briefly, it requires that you remove the top cover (9 screws) and the front bezel (3 screws). The front bezel pulls off of the chassis with the buttons attached. Next, you remove and replace the lense. Reinstall the front bezel, insuring that the buttons are aligned and work correctly before reinstalling the screws and top cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fantastic.

BTW, great idea to get out of the lab and offer to visit the setups that are exhibiting the audio issue. I'm sure once you can easily reproduce the issue, you'll be able to get to the root cause quickly.

·
UHD Addict
37,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

We will have the software with the 1080i input->1080i output bug resolved posted on our website by tomorrow evening at the latest. Thank you GaryM for your support.

One of the things with the update I received was that I needed to make the output 59.94Hz to work correctly. If I left it at 60Hz it wouldn't work right. It would work intermittently. Has this been correted or is this the same update I received in December?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,914

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0

One of the things with the update I received was that I needed to make the output 59.94Hz to work correctly. If I left it at 60Hz it wouldn't work right. It would work intermittently. Has this been correted or is this the same update I received in December?

I will look into this and post an answer tomorrow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I found this to work as well with my SA3250HD hooked up to the VP30 outputing

to a H79 projector via DVI. With this change, the projector doesn't resync

anymore, all I get is a 1 sec blue screen when changing between SD and HD

channels.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,916
hdefjunkie - There was no reason for you to download the software as you are outputting 720p. This software only corrected a bug which happened when 1080i is the both input and output resolution. If you send me an email, I can send you the original production software (1.00) which you can use until you download version 1.01.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

hdefjunkie - There was no reason for you to download the software as you are outputting 720p. This software only corrected a bug which happened when 1080i is the both input and output resolution. If you send me an email, I can send you the original production software (1.00) which you can use until you download version 1.01.

Ok.. No problem. I sent you an message with my email addr.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
[email protected],

This is why I still buy DVDO. Thanks for the prompt response. Since I'm local I'll email you my info. BUT regarding the IR issue, is there an option for locals to SAVE DVDO some money by brining the unit to you and perhaps picking it up? Just a thought.

Andy

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Well since I really wanted the switching and audio delay features (scaling is a secondary issue), today I bought a used DVD-HD+ on eBay. Down the road when the VP40 comes out perhaps I will up-grade. IMO if DVDO was to make just a combined switcher/audio delay unit and sell it at a reasonable price they would clean up as there is no one out there really addressing this problem.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was starting to wonder if I'd buy the VP30 given the teething problems people seemed to be having. I have to say the sort of service being demonstrated here by Josh has convinced me. Especially as building a CCF will be faster now

1901 - 1920 of 6829 Posts