AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ...

Is someone having a configuration like this :

Oppo BluRay Player ---> DVDO Quick6 ---> DVDO iScan Mini ---> Darbee DVP5100 ---> JVC DLA-X30
|
|--> Onkyo NR5009 AVR

If yes, are you using the Quick6 in "AVR Mode by HDMI" ?

I'm asking this because I personnaly using my stuff like that and having a big problem ...

Impossible for me to get the HD Audio Streams (DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD ...) out of the Quick6, I only get the simple base "DTS Core 5.1" stream ...

I also tried to play a movie with DTS HD from my Dune HD Player and still not getting any HD Audio Stream ...

I tried all the firmwares on the Quick6 with exactly the same results ...

Any idea and/or solution will be more than welcome ... Thanks in advance for your replies ...

LePousson

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update Infos :

I can now get the HD Streams of my Oppo 105 out of the Quick6 ... But, there is still a big problem when I try to play a 3D Movie ...

The result is randomly :

"Error Message saying that my stuff is not 3D Compatible"​

or​

"No error message about 3D compatibility but playing the movie in 2D"​

or​

"Playing the film in 3D, but without the HD Audio Streams"​

I'm totally becoming crazy with all that mess ...

Please someone, help me cause I can't get any reply from DVDO ...

LePousson

PS: Same kind of results when I remove the iScan Mini AND/OR the Darbee (that means Quick6 directly connected both to Onkyo and to JVC Projector)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waouh... What a nice and huge place for help and infos when you're stuck ...!!!

Please close or better, delete this thread ... This will avoid me wasting my time hoping for a small reply ...bye everybody !!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts

Please close or better, delete this thread ... This will avoid me wasting my time hoping for a small reply ...bye everybody !!

I hear you. Been visiting Hometheatershack.com more due to the interaction.

Several companies such as this site, Ebay, etc that are trying to be almost 100% self sustainable with virtually no overhead are beginning to become things of the past for myself. Use to order from Ebay many times a month, now those orders are filled by Amazon

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same frustrating experience with DVDO Quick6 + Onkyo/Integra/Darbee/Epson

LePousson,

Sorry for the late reply. I had a similar setup as you with the Darbee, but with an Integra pre-pro which is pretty mch the same manufacturer as Onkyo + the Epson 6030 pj. I had to finally take out the DVDO Quick6 out of my setup as it was causing way too many issues with playing the audio streams as well as HDMI drop outs. Just too many compatibility issues with my setup. Was a very frustrating experience dealing with DVDO support.:mad:.

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts