AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got mine last night and I upgraded it to 1.04 release, now after that is done I cannot get any audio out at all. Video is working well but no audio, I am connecting the dvdo vp50 directly to my Samsung LCD 46" Full HD screen.

devices connected PS3, DVD, and Standard Def Satellite... no sound on any of these is coming out.

Does anyone have a link to the previous software version maybe it the reason. I contacted Anchor bay but still no solution,,,,

Appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
I also installed v1.04 onto my VP50 last night - keep in mind that most settings are reset when we install new firmware. Just to Army-proof your troubleshooting:

1. Select whichever source you have no audio on.

2. Go to the Input Adjust menu, Audio Input sub-menu.

3. Select Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, Audio 4, Stereo, or HDMI depending on what audio input you're using.

Those settings were re-set to Audio 1 on my VP50 after I installed v1.04 and I had to change them to HDMI to get my audio back. If you've already done this, I'm already of no help - I know that's pretty JV but it's all I can offer. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All what you mentioned I tried and still no output of Audio, I wonder if this VP50 was ever tested to work with a 2 channel Audio out connected to Display directly. As this seems to be the problem so far, or my unit is defective.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I had it working before the update, but I can't figure out how to get it after updating. I made sure I put the correct audio from the input config submenu and still nothing.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hmm, odd. I had an issue with the analog inputs not upconverting into the HDMI out, but I had the issue with both 1.00 and 1.04.

I would try a toslink or maybe with an HDMI input (ps3 or some other DVD player that has hdmi out) to see if it's just the analog input or if it's all inputs.

-Splints

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have my VP30 "on loan" to a buddy of mine since I upgraded to a VP50. With his 5053 Samsung Plasma, we've never been able to get the Comcast cable box to play nice with the VP30 and a Yamaha receiver and his TV. There's a known issue out there w/ Comcast boxes and Samsung TV's not liking an intermediate device but I'm hoping new Comcast firmware or DVDO software will eventually fix the issue. Let me know if you find anything that might help your cause.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_SF /forum/post/0

I have my VP30 "on loan" to a buddy of mine since I upgraded to a VP50. With his 5053 Samsung Plasma, we've never been able to get the Comcast cable box to play nice with the VP30 and a Yamaha receiver and his TV. There's a known issue out there w/ Comcast boxes and Samsung TV's not liking an intermediate device but I'm hoping new Comcast firmware or DVDO software will eventually fix the issue. Let me know if you find anything that might help your cause.

What type of audio output are you using from the comcast box? HDMI? Optical? Analog?

I've had an issue with my analog inputs, but my HDMI and optical are working fine.

-Splints

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm running component + L/R analog audio from Comcast box straight to the TV and then running DVI video out from the Comcast box & Optical audio out into the VP30 (w/ ABT card upgrade).

VP30 is connected to Yamaha receiver via optical out and via HDMI to Samsung (I think HDMI 2 - whatever the DVI alternative is on the Samsung but I tried both HDMI 1 & 2 connections and it wouldn't work. I think I also tried bypassing the receiver completely but the Moto digital and analog audio outputs don't like to run thru the VP before going to the TV. Even stranger, when I ran the L/R audio straight from the Comcast box to the TV (HDMI/DVI audio in) and then DVI video from Comcast to VP30 and then via HDMI to the Samsung, the TV is still silent.

I got a split second of audio via TV speakers a while back but then it went silent and refuses to work with the Comcast box. When I run a Sony DVD player via the VP30, I can select HDMI audio for the Input Adjust and then I can send both video and audio via HDMI to the Samsung and the TV speakers will play the same audio that the DVD is sending to the VP30. Tried the audio mute reset trick on the Comcast box that I Googled but that didn't work either. Any/all thoughts on how to fix is appreciated. (Comcast firmware? TV firmware? SPDIF vs. Optical to VP30?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same problem with old version firmware. So I jumped to a 1.4. Magically first time i SWITCHED IT ON iT WORKS.....BUT MAGICALLY, 2° TIME....NO MORE....boh..... I have a DVI VIDEO output from DVD DENON A11 to HDMI 1 of VP50. Audio come from a optical output of the DVD to the OPT1 of the VP50. VP50 is correctly set (audio1)......On my AV amplifier DENON AVCA1SR when I play something all leds that detect signal are correctly on (Dolby digital signal acquired from OPT1 in the AV ampli, if I remove the cable, light switch to off, function is set to auto). So it seems that the signal are detected but it have no volume, like a muting function. Really don't know what to do. I will try to contact dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.