AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with the DVDO VP50 freezing on startup. I get the welcome screen but it is stuck on that screen and won't startup.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I already tried to unplug the unit however it still has the same problem.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydanger007 /forum/post/15445424

Has anyone had issues with the DVDO VP50 freezing on startup. I get the welcome screen but it is stuck on that screen and won't startup.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I already tried to unplug the unit however it still has the same problem.

Have you tried doing a hard reset? I can't remember off the top of my head how to do one but I had a similar problem with my VP50 once after installing the firmware and DVDO had me do a hard reset, and it worked great after that. I'd give them a call, their customer service is usually very helpful.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It sounds like what different users have already experienced with failed PSUs. You might to check the power brick and possibly contact ABT for a new one.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I tried to do the hard reset but it did not respond to my commands. It seem to be stuck in that startup menu.

How can I check the power brick to see if there is an issue? Do I just replace it and see if that works or is there a way to tell if it is functioning correctly?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.