AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I desperately seek for help:

I am connecting DVDO VP50pro to Panasonic P65VT60, and DVDO keeps rebooting. I see the display blanks for a moment, then it display version of the firmware, pause, then blanks again, etc.

With another Panasonic display (of previous generation), DVDO works fine..

I disabled Viera Link on the VT60, but it did not help..

What could be wrong and what can I do?

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Same problem on a number of Sonys. Running the VP50Pro's signal through either a simply (active) HDMI switch or a Dr.HDMI (little HDMI edid minder from HDFury) both fixes this immediately. I asked DVDO about this numerous times, never got any proper response.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I never really found out what caused the actual problem, so I'm not sure if there's any special requirement to the switch you're adding. Let us know if this one works.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never really found out what caused the actual problem, so I'm not sure if there's any special requirement to the switch you're adding. Let us know if this one works.
I tried two HDMI switches, one from Sabrent and another Monoprice with equalizer, did not help.

Should I try this Dr.HDMI?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Dr. HDMI is what I'm currently using. I use the preset bank 2 (which is full HD without 3D as a reported EDID). Should work out for you just fine.

Sorry about the HDMI switches. Guess there are big differences technically....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a small step forward.

Now, when I connect VP50pro to Panasonic plasma, I can see the menus etc.

However, when I connect satellite STB to VP50pro, the last starts to blink with blue led.
If I go into VP50pro settings into Input Adjust/HDMI and disable HDCP, I can finally see the picture of the STB on plasma, however STB refuses to send a movie (probably because of HDCP)

What can I do? :(

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Do you have another HDCP source (BD player maybe?), so you can check if it's the processor/TV connection that causes a HDCP problem or if it's just the processor that can't handshake with your STB ?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
sorry to hear about the HDCP troubles. I guess with so many years between the actual 50Pro hardware and your STB's HDMI transmitter chips, there's little you can do to make that handshake work.

If you're willing to invest a little more time (and money) into this. You can put a HDCP-stripper between the two. Either a pure digital one with HDMI in and out (there are these cheap 1:2 ViewHD HDMI splitters which can manage that) or an analogue converter (as in HDMI to component). This way it shouldn't matter if you run the 50Pro in HDCP mode or not and your STB will gladly play along as it thinks the sink got proper HDCP protocol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I did, the STB had a SCART connector, so I used break-out cable and connected it to RGB+S inputs

thanks for you help!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
But when using the Scart output, you only get 15khz SD, so 480i for NTSC or 576i for PAL. You can't get 720p or 1080i this way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts