AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whould like to know what exactly is the dvdo iscan.What is it for /what does it actually do.When would it be usefull.I have a panny hdtv w/panny hd box as well as a progressive dvd panny rp56.Wondering if this is something that would benefit me for even better pq.Better to know than not about whats available.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I would post in the video processor forums.

Within the Iscan line there are various models such as the v2, plus and ultra. These are primarily line doublers (deinterlacers) - they take your interlaced signal 480i eg svideo and component (not progressive scan) and output 480P (progressive) in RGBHV signal format which is used by projectors and high end monitors.

The Iscan HD and Iscan HD+ will do the above as well as scale the image to various resolutions such as 720P, 1366*768, 1024*768 etc. The Iscan products won't do much for your HD box but it should make an improvement for standard definition sources such as DVD. You probably won't notice that much difference on your panny HDTV. The differences become more apparent with larger images using more resolving display devices eg front projection.

Of course you can always check out DVDO's website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.