AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

HDD of my DVDR7300h died
so I searched around and found this site that promised that DVDR 3575 can be replaced by an other HDD. So I just buyed one 3575. The device is working fine, but when I put in an used 250GB Maxtor drive the DVR does not boot up (only "Starting.." forever). So I tried to use skip codes with the original HDD installed, but do not get this f$§& codes to work.

Can anyone please tell for dummies step by step what I have to do?

I tried >123 within 3sec to view the FW but only the channel switched, nothing more.

As I understood the DVDR should be on live TV meens no timeshift active an I have only to press skip 123 (skip meens the right arrow from navigate keys) Tried also FWD and the other Skip Button, but does not work. FW 3.06 is showed in the setup info screen. Whats going on here?

please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_jensn /forum/post/18600184

Hi,

HDD of my DVDR7300h died
so I searched around and found this site that promised that DVDR 3575 can be replaced by an other HDD. So I just buyed one 3575. The device is working fine, but when I put in an used 250GB Maxtor drive the DVR does not boot up (only "Starting.." forever). So I tried to use skip codes with the original HDD installed, but do not get this f$§& codes to work.

Can anyone please tell for dummies step by step what I have to do?

I tried >123 within 3sec to view the FW but only the channel switched, nothing more.

As I understood the DVDR should be on live TV meens no timeshift active an I have only to press skip 123 (skip meens the right arrow from navigate keys) Tried also FWD and the other Skip Button, but does not work. FW 3.06 is showed in the setup info screen. Whats going on here?

please help!

Thanks!

"SKIP" means the SKIP button, like for skipping commercials, It's the long rocker button on the left.

Here are the complete instructions for initializing a new HDD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_jensn /forum/post/18600278

I have read the instruction again and again, but I found a post pointing to actual Firmware that is totally different from mine. Seems there are two models out there. 3575_31 and 3575_37.

can I flash the other FW just to make skip codes working and reflash again back to my version3.06?

damned, I hope I will get this 250Gig HDD working!

The AVS Forum Philips/Magnavox HDD/DVD recorder threads concern Philips products, the /37 variants, found in the USA and/or Canadian market.

International versions of the Philips 3575H and similar models, 3577H, 3595H, 3597H, in their /05, /31, /51, and /58 variants, do not use SKIP codes to access service and/or utility features. The 172 page Service Manual for those European Philips models is issued by Kohnklijke Philips Electronics N.V. In 2008 I downloaded that Service Manual, for a fee, from nodevice.com. That Service Manual is largely taken up with instructions for use of those models' ATLAS_DSW Diagnostic Software. (That Service Manual is of little use with North American Philips models.)

Do not attempt to use a firmware upgrade from a different model or variant than the product you own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/18600425

The 172 page Service Manual for those European Philips models is issued by Kohnklijke Philips Electronics N.V. In 2008 I downloaded that Service Manual, for a fee, from nodevice.com. That Service Manual is largely taken up with instructions for use of those models' ATLAS_DSW Diagnostic Software. (That Service Manual is of little use with North American Philips models.)

I´m really pi%&ed off right now. I had a look into the manuals of both versions. These are 2 different recorders. So no hope of getting helped. I looked araound at nodevice but did not found anything. What is this ATLAS_DSW You had spoken of? Do you have this tool available?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_jensn /forum/post/18600554

I´m really pi%&ed off right now. I had a look into the manuals of both versions. These are 2 different recorders. So no hope of getting helped. I looked araound at nodevice but did not found anything. What is this ATLAS_DSW You had spoken of? Do you have this tool available?

The European service manual I mentioned in my earlier post is a zipped version of a PDF file.

I'm not clear on which model you have, the 3575H/31 or the DVDR7300 or both? I'm not familiar with either model.

If the you have the DVDR7300, a version of the Service Manual for an UNSPECIFIED VARIANT of that model may be downloaded here:

http://www.free-service-manuals.com/...Manual_L82473/

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_jensn /forum/post/18600184

HDD of my DVDR7300h died
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_jensn /forum/post/18600554

Did you get a Philips 3575 DVD recorder, or a HDD for your 7300?

If you DID get a Philips 3575 DVD recorder, what does the model number show on the back tag. The U.S. version will be DVDR3575H/37. A European version will have a /57 on the end.

The U.S. model with a /37 on the end of the model # is the one we discuss here and have help files for, including the SKIP codes. European or other versions may or may not use the same SKIP codes, so we may not be able to help if you are trying to replace the HDD in your 7300.

DO NOT install any FW until you know exactly which model of recorder you are thinking of instaling it in (brand and COMPLETE model #).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok here we go the whole story..

I own a DVDR725h since 2006, and we are very happy with it since the first day. but this device is limited to 12 timers only, so finally I decided to buy a new one. I bought an 3810 (divx support) but was not lucky with the handling, so I searched around a lot and found the 7300 with similar handling like the 725. The 7300 was working 1 week then while booting it freezed and booted never up again. So I searched further and found this forum talking about the 3575, so I decided to buy a 3575 totally overprized at ebay. today was the great day recieving the 3575h/31 but sadly noticed it can not be upgraded with a larger HDD (this one from the defect 7300, because HDD seems to be ok installed at PC.

So if anybody can help me to reactivate the 7300 (FW upgrade did not solve it) or can help with enlarging HDD for 3575 european model, you can made my day..

please try to zip the PDF into peaces and send them separate, or try to host them anywhere, where I can download them. I tried so many things I am really dissapointed atm.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

yesterday night I made a clone from my 160Gig HDD from 3575h onto the old 250Gig from 7300. the 3575 was able to boot from this HDD. but timeshift is struggeling very odd with picture errors and so on. I think there is something wrong with this HDD. But It was worth the 4h cloning, just to see it works.

But the best news of all: I got the service manual from DigaDo thanks 1000 times for this, because there was described the following:

Procedure for Formatting a HDD drive

In case of failure the HDD is replaced by a new unformatted HDD. To prepare the new HDD for use, it must be

formatted. Follow the procedure below to format HDD.

1) Press and Hold the + key combination while powering on the mains.

2) The set will start to display FMT KEY, and then it will show FMT HDD while formatting HDD.

3) If the formatting is completed successfully, the set will display FMT DONE. If the formatting is failed, it

will show FMT FAIL.

Notes: Do not power off the set immediately when the FMT DONE is seen. Wait until the time or - - : - - is

displayed before powering off the set.

I tried this out with the 250Gig installed in 3575 and YES it was working. I found this magic keys earlier also accidently with the 7300h as I tried everything to reset the device and tried out to press some combinations of keys while powering on. but at the 7300 I where asked to insert a DVD to format the drive, therefore I did not tried this with 3575
but the 3575 did this without a DVD.
A N D the recording capacity increased from 43 to 73h

So what should I do? should I risk it an buy a 500Gig HDD for 50 bugs to just try it out, or should I go with the original 160Gig?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

yesterday night I made a clone from my 160Gig HDD from 3575h onto the old 250Gig from 7300. the 3575 was able to boot from this HDD. but timeshift is struggeling very odd with picture errors and so on. I think there is something wrong with this HDD. But It was worth the 4h cloning, just to see it works.

But the best news of all: I got the service manual from DigaDo thanks 1000 times for this, because there was described the following:

Procedure for Formatting a HDD drive
In case of failure the HDD is replaced by a new unformatted HDD. To prepare the new HDD for use, it must be
formatted. Follow the procedure below to format HDD.
1) Press and Hold the + key combination while powering on the mains.
2) The set will start to display FMT KEY, and then it will show FMT HDD while formatting HDD.
3) If the formatting is completed successfully, the set will display FMT DONE. If the formatting is failed, it
will show FMT FAIL.
Notes: Do not power off the set immediately when the FMT DONE is seen. Wait until the time or - - : - - is
displayed before powering off the set.

I tried this out with the 250Gig installed in 3575 and YES it was working. I found this magic keys earlier also accidently with the 7300h as I tried everything to reset the device and tried out to press some combinations of keys while powering on. but at the 7300 I where asked to insert a DVD to format the drive, therefore I did not tried this with 3575

Could you write which key combination?Because you are writing ''1) Press and Hold the + key combination while powering on the mains

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am sorry, I moved to a new house and changed to SAT Reciever some years ago. I can not remeber the key combo and did not found any document about this anymore.

good luck any way.
btw the original 160GB HDD from 3575 should still be laying around somewhere here. Let me know if I can help you somehow with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts