AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a DVD that looked like HDTV more than any I had ever seen. It was a demo DVD from JVC, called something like 'JVC Newport Jazz Festival '99". Has anybody else seen this one?

At the end of the DVD, they say in the credits that this was originally shot for HDTV in Japan. The video is unbelievable. My questions are...

1. Does anybody know where I can get a copy?

2. Does anybody have other examples of HDTV-like DVD's?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Well, that's not exactly fair. Its actually not to hard to find DVDs that, from a high quality, all-digital, scaler, look better than many HD transfers of films. The best DVDs cannot compete with the best HDTV, but its a huge gray area in between with a lot of overlap.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Gee I woke up with some words whispered in my ear "The Girl" had done something to my DVD player to be the best in the world! Due to all the exposure I gave her and DVD disc "The Ninth Gate". How down right devilish of 'The girl' and all it cost was my sole. I don't wear the soles anymore, hobbling is more fun. lol :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Jimmy Nuetron should. My understanding it the master is Digi Beta which is 500 lines

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
Ron,

If you can locate it, see if you can find a thread with Bjoern Roy's reference DVD list . He is even more picky than me in this area(which is incredible). I know he had the Toy Stories in there but the rest of the list has escaped me. I personally agree with Dean, the best DVD can hold it's own to much of the of the film based HD on say HBOH but pales against the best HD as one would expect.

Art

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Art Sonneborn nailed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.