AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k finally got off my arse and started to play with ripping DVD's to my hard drive. My goal is to create a demo file with various scenes to either play before a movie or on it's own. So, I upgraded to TT to patch 56 level, installed DVDShrink 3.12, changed my DVD drive letter from "D" to "X" and made the necessary changes to Girder. All went well in that regards. Next I ripped a scene from Toystory2 to my hard drive and used the command line /PATH parm in TT to play the rip prior to the DVD in the drive. This too, went well and I thought I was on a roll! :) Next, I ripped another scene from Road to Perdition and put that in it's own directory. Now, according to the guides I've read on the DVDShrink site, I should be able to reauthor a DVD using the open files option and adding them to the new DVD panel. So I opened the first file and added it and then opened the second and added it also. It seemed to backup ok and created a new folder which I called "compilation1" (toystory & Road to P), within the folder was a SINGLE VIDEO_TS file and AUDIO_TS file.

When I put this new folder in the /PATH for TT it started to play the first file I had ripped but instead of going into the second file it jumped right to the DVD in the drive......

What am I doing wrong? TT should be able to play this single file in a /PATH command right? I tried using quotations, upper and lower case etc but all resulted in the same issue.

Then I thought I'd try using the batch file method using the subst parm. However, this doesn't play ANY of the ripped files and jumps directly to the DVD in the tray.....:( I used examples of the batch file found in a few of the threads both here and at the TT site.

Of course I could just use the TT command line stuff but if I want to use eight or nine scenes the command line will be very long and it means editing it for changes becomes a mess....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.