AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung HLN437W. I preordered Digital Video Essentials from Amazon, and it arrived today. Only thing is, I got the NTSC version, apparently (I didn't even think about it when I ordered), and noticed when I went to www.digitalvideoessentials.com that there is a 720p version (which is $90, instead of $25!!).

I got the wrong thing, right? Basically, I got the same thing as AVIA (which I already have).

Should I get the 720p one? Is it available yet? Has anyone gotten and used it? If so, can you give a short review?

Thanks!

Jack

Edit------

The $90 version is D-VHS. It doesn't appear that there's a specific 720p DVD. So maybe I do have the right one...?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks, Supertoyz - I guess it's b/c you can't layer a VHS, so you have to have different versions? But the DVD is probably layered for any native resolution?

I guess I can just find out by looking.

Thanks!

Jack

·
Registered
772 Posts
Good point, zvogt... but one that has recently been invalidated. HD content on DVD, using several codecs, can be played on HTPCs... a rather limited market, so far, but I'm sure lots of techs would love being able to use a laptop as an HD signal generator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.