AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a text version, script or just plain printed instructions exist for DVE HD Basics? I am completely new to attempting calibration and well, I am rather overwhelmed.

There are 3 sections, 1 - lots of details, 2 - Video Calibration, and then the patterns.

I have been through "section 2", there is LOTS of talk, lots of discussion on how manufacturers do things wrong, how consumers do things wrong etc etc. Intermingled in this are the instructions for how to actually use the patterns but picking out the instructions from the chatter is tough - by the time I get to a pattern I cant remember what I am supposed to do with it, just that at least according to the narrator that I either will not do it right or the manufacturer of the display device or the source device has done something wrong that will prevent me from doing whatever I am supposed to do right.

I guess I am looking for a crib sheet - eg :

- On pattern 1 adjust brighness untill this does this

- On pattern 2 adjust blah blah

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks

jason

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Should take a look at that Calibration for Dummies site as it gives walk throughs.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

Why not watch the video ... when they do brightness ... then stop and go do brightness. Then pick it up when they do contrast ... then stop and do contrast.

I hope you are not telling us that 20 sec of going through the menu system to find the test pattern is enough time for you to forget what to do.

Regards

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

Quote:
Does such a thing exist?

No. Perhaps you should transcribe the entire program and compose such a "crib sheet" for everyone else's benefit who comes along like you did. That would make a wonderful resource for fellow videophiles. You would be an AVS Forum Hero! Just think of it: the fame, the respect and admiration among your peers, the babes! Time's a wasting....get to work!

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown, President

CinemaQuest, Inc.

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts