AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the HD-A1 (bought last year in April). It is hooked up to a Panasonic PT50LC-14 (720P) LCD rear projection TV. I ran through some of the test and when I got to the color levels, I am able to set the Blue to be equal. When I check the red is is equal also. The problem I am having is with the green channels. The green channels are wrong.

The instructions say all the levels should be equal. "The decoder is most likely not functioning properly if the blue channel is correct and the red and green channels are wrong".

Is my TV messed up? Is there anything I can do to fix this? What other settings will adjust this?

I am using HDMI all the way (goes from my HD-A1 to my Monoprice 4x1 HDMI switch box).

Do you think it could be the switchbox? Or the HDMI on my TV? Should I try with component instead of HDMI?

It is the same with component video (just checked).

What is the code to get into my service menu for my Panasonic PT50lc-14 and what would I do to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

This type of Panasonic set tends not to give color decoder access in the service menu. It is what it is. If it is messed up ... it is done like that on purpose ... just like the grayscale not being right. It is simply a characteristic of your TV. Green decoders being off is the least noticeable of the three error types.

And external scaler like a lumagen would externally fix this, but this is a $1200 solution.

Regards

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. I guess it wasn't the answer I was looking for but the truth is the truth.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

No doubt the menu items are in an extended design menu the TV has, but no one outside Panasonic has access to those codes.

Regards

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would a professional ISF person be able to fix this and would I even be able to tell the difference if this was fixed?

I wish I never checked because now it is bugging me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts