AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have digital video essentials for home theatre set-up. My question is how do i set color decoder in hitachi 51swx20b with this disc?i need detailed instructions like what patterns to use and how do i bring up color decoder.i know how to get into the service menu but how to adjust color decoder using this disc please help!!!!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on anyone????

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Here is a document for Avia that you may find useful. If the DVD version of DVE is the same as the D-VHS you will need to use the display that has the horizontal color bars on it. I would search for information on how to set the color decoder on that set if it was me.

aviaobscura.pdf 79.0869140625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you that was helpful but i want to know about using this disc for the decoder in my set....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Aah, so you're asking for more than just adjustments for color, tint, brightness, contrast and sharpness.

The main thing I've been told to worry about are the "drives" and "cuts." I have a Hitachi 53SWX10B as well as a Samsung DLP, and I believe both are labeled differently. The Hitachi makes all of its decoder adjustments in the "Cool" mode, if I remember correctly. You're looking for R_CUT, G_CUT and B_CUT (or a variation thereof) and R_GAIN, G_GAIN & B_GAIN (or variations). Not sure if those labels are totally correct or not since I'm now used to my DLP, but they should resemble that.

The idea is to adjust those settings until you achieve D6500 Kelvin up and down your entire grayscale (or as close as possible.) But of course you can only know for sure how close to D6500K you are by having some sort of color analyzer like a ColorFacts.

I don't remember exactly what my ISF calibrator touched and didn't touch on my Hitachi as I'm not at home right now, but I can look up the changes he made when I get a chance.

Rick

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Drives and cuts or gains and bias are for setting the gray scale not the color decoder. The color decoder is setting the intensity and hue for blue, red and green. You need to find the corresponding parameters to color and hue for red and green. These may be something like RYR, RYB, GYR and GYB.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I thought setting the grayscale *was* setting the color decoder. Yikes! I was *way* off, then.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.