Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
videoessentials.com

New 6 disc set on the website. The reason i posted in here is b/c i dont know which version of dve to get, the ntsc or the pal for an lcd tv. Also wanted to know what the general concensus is on DVE pro and wanted to know if someone could point me in the right direction of a good upscaling dvd player with dvi or hdmi inputs so i can get this thing calibrated properly for hdtv. thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you are on the island of Tercera in the Azores (a bunch of islands in the Atlantic, 850 mile from Portugal), you'll need PAL. The US uses NTSC (ATSC for HD). The web site says Pro has 2 disks for PAL, 2 for NTSC and 2 for WMV. Didn't check price, but sounds like an overkill. DVE (basic) has been highly recommended in other threads for HD, but don't think it is "current".

Carl

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, what do you mean by overkill? video essentials states that the set now includes full hd tests to work with. Does the standard version of dve use 720p and 1080i feed in its test patterns? Can someone point me in the direction of a quality upconverting dvd player that wont hurt my wallet? how do upconverting dvd players compare to actual hddvd processing? or is it 480p through a digital output?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.