AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anybody here use DVHS with their plasma? If so, I would very much like to hear your experiences especially with regards to picture quality. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Generally speaking, most of the 20 D-VHS tapes I have are excellent on my Panny 42 HD (1024 x768) from the JVC 30K. Very subjective however since we all "see" differently. The Demo tape that comes with the 30K is the most awesome video I have ever seen. Also, many OTA shows like NYPD Blue, CSI and HDNet are wonderful sources especially the Video Camera stuff.

I Love DVHS! When a Windows Media DVD player comes along and gives me HD from a DVD, I will love that!When HD DVD comes along, I will love it.

Bring on the future!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jackgoh
Hi, does anybody here use DVHS with their plasma? If so, I would very much like to hear your experiences especially with regards to picture quality.
I have a JVC 30k, its now largely idle as have a DirectTivo. Its attached to a Panasonic 37" via component. I bought a couple of HD tapes to see what it was like. I've got Galaxy Quest and a copy of a travel program from HDNet.

The HDNet tape is totally amazing, I have never seen a better picture anywhere. The Galaxy Quest tape is good but not obviously better than a DVD. I keep meaning to borrow the DVD to do a comparison. The difference is probably between being shot on HD and on film, and 2.35:1 and 16:9. It makes a lot of difference to my mind to fill up the screen.

I'm not convinced its worth it over a DVD unless you have a really big screen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.