AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And another three titles are announced for July 29 - Daredevil, Phone Booth and There's Something About Mary.

Daredevil is a day and date release.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Could you post a link?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice

thanks for the news.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
I would love to have Something About Mary. The DVD leaves a lot to be desired.
--------I agree. I could never bring myself to buy it since it was NOT anamorphic. Waiting has (for once) paid off!!! :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are loads of nice colors in Something about Mary. The PAL DVD was anamorphic and looked good. This should look much better.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Daredevil? Phone Booth?

Ben Affleck in tights, Colin Farrell in a phone booth...

Whoo boy, who ever said D-VHS was a niche product? We get the crap AND the crap too!

-Pie

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Brother Pie,

Have you seen Phone Booth? Highly rated flick by both the critics and common folk alike.

Do you even have a JVC deck?

Quote:
If you don't like em', don't buy em'!
I think I've said that a million times....:rolleyes:

You can always chose another pre-recorded HD format to view...oh wait, there is no other pre-recorded HD format. :D

Troy

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EatingPie
Whoo boy, who ever said D-VHS was a niche product? We get the crap AND the crap too!
To each their own.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
well blah, just ordered the 3000 and both widescreenreview.com and dvhsmovieguide.com are down, so no movie shopping for me today.

:(

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
ok, aside from "bestprices.com" not actually residing on bestprices.com, this looks good.

Thanks for the tip!

~~Nathan

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nathan_R
ok, aside from "bestprices.com" not actually residing on bestprices.com, this looks good.

Thanks for the tip!

~~Nathan
Sorry.......... my fault. Didn't the link work??????

Well, in that case, try: www.bestprices.com it will work......:)

Regards, Tom B.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Hoping for SOLARIS and X-MEN 2 (which rocks).

·
Registered
143 Posts
One of our exclusive news items on www.WidescreenReview.com and www.DVHSMovieGuide.com was to announce: "Daredevil" and "Phone Booth" to be released in the D-VHS D-Theater format day-and-date with their DVD and VHS versions on July 29. Also debuting on D-Theater high-definition video July 29 will be "There's Something About

Mary." These three blockbusters are presented for the first time in 1080i resolution on JVC’s D-VHS system, featuring D-Theater encryption. The addition of these hits brings Fox’s D-VHS product list up to 20 titles, which also include "Behind Enemy Lines," "Big Momma’s House," "Cast Away," "Courage Under Fire," "Die Hard," "Don’t Say A Word," "Entrapment," "Fight

Club," "From Hell," "High Crimes," "Ice Age," "Independence Day," "Kiss Of The Dragon," "Men Of Honor," "Tim Burton’s Planet Of The Apes," "The Transporter," and "X-Men."

Issue 74, July 2003 of Widescreen Review will contain the first D-Theater reviews of "Daredevil," "Phone Booth," and "There's Something About Mary." Issue 73, June 2003 contained the D-Theater reviews of "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown," "Being John Malkovich," and "K-PAX."

Pre-orders and orders can be made at www.DVHSMovieGuide.com.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WSRGary
Also debuting on D-Theater high-definition video July 29 will be "There's Something About Mary." These three blockbusters are presented for the first time in 1080i resolution on JVC’s D-VHS system...
A small correction: "There's Something About Mary" has previously aired in HD on HBO, so the D-Theater release is not really "the first time" it will have been seen in 1080i resolution.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.