AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched around for a solution but I have been unable to find one so I have posted it.

I have HD transport streams that I have viewed with Elecard that seem to be alright. I have set up DVHSTool 2.13 and connected my JVC30000U over firewire. When I load the same TS(tranport stream) a couple of times into the Que and then record onto the DVHS everything works except for a few slight problems... I loaded 6 of the same TS and when I view the DVHS tape I see that in between each clip there is a brief slow down and speed up as if something has gone wrong with the bit rate. Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this bug to get smooth playback on a recorded DVHS tape. Help is greatly appreciated, as this problem has annoyed me for quite some time.

Thanks,

Tim.

Note: The TS is 17Mbits/sec and it is 10 seconds long. I have the same problem with both 720p and 1080i TS's.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
This is not a bug in DVHSTools, I do not think. This is an issue inherent in looping a .ts file. The time sync's are not perfectly aligned when you loop, so you will see a blip or other artifacts. In contrast, if you record a stream into several files (like the HiPix or other HDTV cards do) you will not see any blips between files because the sync is continuous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bpearse.

Actually now that I only record one TS file at a time I don't get that timing problem, however I do seem to lose a second at the start and end of the file. Is this something I'm going to have to live with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.