AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Are there any decent ($2,000 or less) priced A/V Recievers that accept DVI input/through-put to forward to the projector?

Looks like I might be relegated to component video unless I bipass the A/V Reciever altogether and go directly from the DVD player or Digital Satelite Reciever / Dig. Cable Reciever (if they even have DVI outs).

If not the A/V Reciever, then what? How does this work? Do I need a separate signal processor?

Help!

Thanks.

P.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't think so, don't think you will ever find a receiver with DVI switching. It's more likely that we will find multiple HDMI inputs/outputs (and perhaps one or two DVI inputs?) on A/V receivers sometime this year. (DVI and HDMI is compatible)

Maybe this could solve the "problem"....

[EDIT: wrong link...]

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
There is a DVI switching receiver, the Sony STR-DA9000ES, but its MSRP is $4500.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Branas, very cool, a new one on me.

Sony just came up as available on one call. 2 in one out either DVI or HDMI is just anemic, almost to the point of why bother. OK so everyone doesn't have 2 sat providers, an HTPC, and an HDMI-DVI DVD player (but I do).

Have a gefen DVI switch 4-1 HDTV (not computer version) and upgrading my 49TXi to a 59TXi. Combo seems better benefit:cost than newer units.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.