AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to purchase a motorola set top box for the hs20.

The manual on page 71 omits the adjustments that are available for hdmi and dvi input signals. I would like to know if contrast, brightness, color, hue, sharpness, black level, gamma, color temp., dde, and cinema black pro are adjustable with these two inputs.

Also if I am using dvi how do i configure the audio portion with the dvi input?

· Blu-ray Reviewer
15,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kiwi2000
I am wanting to purchase a motorola set top box for the hs20.

The manual on page 71 omits the adjustments that are available for hdmi and dvi input signals. I would like to know if contrast, brightness, color, hue, sharpness, black level, gamma, color temp., dde, and cinema black pro are adjustable with these two inputs.

Also if I am using dvi how do i configure the audio portion with the dvi input?
Greetings,

DDE is not adjustable via DVI. On my HS10 I am able to adjust the other parameters you list ( other than Gamma which my projector does not offer as an adjustment). I would suspect that HDMI would behave similarly.

Your last question is unclear regarding the " audio portion ". What audio are you referring to?

Regards,

· Registered
409 Posts
The DVI connection does not carry an audio signal as the HDMI connection does. If you want to use the HS-20s speakers and DVI for video, you will also have to connect the standard left/right rca audio cables.

· Registered
560 Posts
The HS20 cannot accept incoming audio from any source. It does not have audio in at all.

The speakers in the HS20 are only for playing mpeg-1 movies from memory stick.

Anyways even if the speakers were even usuable, they would sound very bad anyways.

Reedl

· Registered
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by placidman
...DDE is not adjustable via DVI. On my HS10 I am able to adjust the other parameters you list ( other than Gamma which my projector does not offer as an adjustment). I would suspect that HDMI would behave similarly.

I'm able to adjust DDE on both DVI and HDMI connections on my HS20. I'm also able to adjust all of the other settings listed in the original post separately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.