Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2m dual DVI-D cable to hook up to a Samsung LTM-225W for HDTV.

It is noticed that the picture via DVI has sparkles all over it. The picture

is stable and looks great otherwise. The cable appears to have a

choke on each end.

Could the problem with the sparkles be with the length or quality of

the cable? Is this a common problem?

Would using a Monster DVI400 1m cable help?

Best regards,

Paul Bigelow

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Red sparkles indicates that your cable can't pass the signal strongly enough. This is a common problem with some DVI cables. You need a better one. People have posted success with the following brands of DVI cables at distances up to 33':

www.ramelectronics.com (a couple of posters have success with this cable at 50' of length)

www.pacificable.com

www.lindy.com (their standard DVI cable is good for shorter distances; I had to get their top of the line SLAC cable to run 33' perfectly; with the standard cable at 33' I had no sparklies, but I had some drop outs in the picture)

monster cable (typically, monster is pretty expensive though)

one poster had success with a cable from www.cablesamerica.com and it was very inexpensive.

Make sure the cable comes with a money back guarantee. I know that the first three on my list do. The only one of the above that I have purchased from personnally is Lindy.

They have unbeatable customer service, and a no questions asked return policy of you don't like the product. There prices are very competitive.

AVS might sell DVI cables, too. They always stand behind their products.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Paul is that with the DVI cable you got with the LTM225?, and, what is the source causing this sparkles?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

The DVI cable is not the one that came with the Samsung. The Pace cable box that I'm connecting to utilizes a DVI-D connector The Samsung's cable as included with the LTM-225W is DVI-I (both analog and digital). I had to buy a new DVI-D cable.

BTW the Pace box has DVI and is *not* HDCP (LTM-225W owners rejoice!)

There are two major problems with the current (Pace / LTM-225W) DVI

setup:

1. Sparkles

2. The cable image cannot be shifted horizontally over enough to fit properly (about 10 pixels more are needed). I'll create another post

for that issue.

Best regards,

Paul Bigelow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.