AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Toshiba plasmas (42HP82 and the 50HP82) have a DVI/HDCP interface. Has anyone here actually used this interface to connect to a set top box with a DVI/HDCP output? Does it improve the quality of the picture over component input? Recall reading an article about DTV HDset top boxes by Gary Merson in April Perfect Vision in which he complained bitterly about apparent compatiability problems between some STBs (Sony and Zenith I believe) with DVI/HDCP and a Toshiba LCOS monitor he was using. Was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem with the Toshiba plasmas and any STBs with DVI/HDCP? The technology is so new you kind of worry about such issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes I DO use it as my HD input with a Sony-HD200 to 42hp82. And on a Plasma (Digital display) it does signifigantly improve the accuracy of the picture with both HD and SD content.

Never had a problem with receiver detecting and outputting at full resolution for any channels.

I will tell you that I originally got a screwed up HD-200 to begin with and the DVI output didn't work right (had a green haze). But Sony sent me a new one instantly before I even sent them my broken STB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.