AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished building my HTPC (well, I'm still waiting for my Sony DVD burner, but everything else is running nicely) and I wanted to know how to connect my GeForce FX5200 (Asus model) DVI output to my Dwin TV3 DVI input.

I need a good, inexpensive DVI cable that will fit the bill. The HTPC and TV3 video switcher sit right next to one another, so I only need about 4-5 feet just to give room to be able to pull one or the other out for connections.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Pacific cable do very good prices on OK quality DVI cables... For only 4 - 5 ft you may find a PC display one cheap and local too though...

Then you want to set up a 1280x720p rez with powerStrip...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
What cable would you choose(does it need ot be DVI0A or DVI-D?) on Pacifics site?

Is going in Powerstrip to switch resolutions with a DVI outpu any harder then it is when using an HD15 cable?

I am getting the DWIN next friday, and I would like to be ready.

Thanks for any help,

Fred

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DVI-D Single

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thank You!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Are you sure this is a single? I looked at the connectors, and they looked like The Dual link connector type.

Today, I ordered this:

1 Meter DVI-D Male To DVI-D Male Dual Link Digital Cable

Is this the right cable for connecting a radeon card(7500) to my DWIN TV3?

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
In current applications the use for the second channel of a dual link cables is very rare.

A dual link cable is the more "future-proof" cable but will still work perfectly fine in single link applications.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Great! Does this mean that there will be no pictre degradation if I go with the dual link? I may still be able to change my order before it ships.

Thanks again,

Fred

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.