AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing wiring for a RCA component cable now, I plan to install a DVI cable for possible future use without adapters. The cable would connect to a future video card on a Pioneer 433 CMX. Does anyone know how long a run I can use without repeaters and without degrading the video signal to this 1024 x 768 monitor?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The recommended maximum length is 9'9" (3m) and there are several different types of DVI connectors. DVI-A, DVI-I and DVI-D among others. You can find out about this on DVI cable mfg. websites.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info and suggestion to look on mfr. websites. I found the following at Kayye Digital:

"DVI signals remain in their performance specification only to 9.6 meters using the best quality copper cable. The DVI Repeater allows two cables to be joined together for long distances."

·
Registered
925 Posts
in the repeater realm, you can get DVI cables with built-in optical transceivers on each end that go long distances. great solution, powered by the source device, easy.

doody.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"...you can get DVI cables with built-in optical transceivers on each end..."

Where does one find such cables? Do they connect to standard DVI inputs/outputs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.