AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the z2 with the lg upconverting to 1080... i now am going to buy the bell 9200 high def receiver,can i stick with the component cable and just get a converter box for the dvd and satellite (2 inputs 1 out put to my projector)or should i get the dvi-i cable....is there a night and day difference betwwen the 2?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i strongly prefer digital cables to analog ones. keep in mind some folks sell DVI cables with all pins thru- these are extremely bulky. get the one pinned for AV.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have a Z2. The Z2 is 720p, so you should feed it a 720p signal if possible. It will accept 1080i, but will convert it to 720p.

I use DVI from my Momitsu DVD player. It is clearly better than component for this player. YMMV.

For my HD cable connection, I use 720p component. When I tried it via DVI, I got "sparklies" (long DVI cable). HD cable looks spectacular via component.

So in my situation, it was an easy choice!

My advice, if either (or preferably both) sources can use DVI, get a cable and try it! Experiment to see which source looks best with the different connections.

Oh yeah... the Z2 will accept DVI-I, so as long as the source device can accept it, a DVI-I cable will work fine. I use a DVI-D cable for mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.