AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Either will work. Buy the cheaper one. There is NO difference in PQ on any brand or quality of short DVI cables.

One cable might be called a DVI-D single and the other a DVI-Dual. Odd thing is the one labeled 'dual' is less. Go figure. Either works with the Bravo. It only uses the single pins. The Dual cable has more pins and only PC at the moment use those.

On every equipped device i've seen, they all have jacks that accept either cable.

There was just a post of another guy who paid $100 for a monster DVI cable! Don't be fooled by marketing.

It's funny, I posted a thread way back when DVI started to appear and said " I can't wait until cable companies start marketing $300. high-end DVI cables. (Not fiber-optic, but copper) What a joke!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by santellavision
Either will work. Buy the cheaper one. There is NO difference in PQ on any brand or quality of short DVI cables.

One cable might be called a DVI-D single and the other a DVI-Dual. Odd thing is the one labeled 'dual' is less. Go figure.
Well, the more expensive one is also labeled a "PANEL DISPLAY CABLE", while the cheaper one is labeled as a "LINK CABLE." Still doesn't matter?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
No, DVI cables are used for many different applications. Like Apple Mac's/PC's to displays etc. They will work fine with your D1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.