AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why Circuit CIty, Best Buys and others are asking $99 and up for DVI Cables? I read that any decent cable is as good as another when it comes to DVI Cables.... Can anyone tell me where they picked up their DVI Cable, only need a 3 foot long cable since the HD box is right under my Samsung HLN 43..

· Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Because somebody who doeasn't know any better will pay it. There are cable companies, a market search, and an internet search box available on this page. Look for a good price.

· Banned
529 Posts
> I was wondering why Circuit CIty, Best Buys and others are asking $99 and up for DVI Cables?

Because they only stock Monster and thats what Monster charges. ;)

CompUSA have a 3' Monster DVI cable for $79.

BB have a 6' AR DVI cable for $49. But it seems that they are phasing out AR in favor of Monster.

If you don't want to pay Monster's prices you can shop around for other lower cost brands.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pinger
I was wondering why Circuit CIty, Best Buys and others are asking $99 and up for DVI Cables? I read that any decent cable is as good as another when it comes to DVI Cables.... Can anyone tell me where they picked up their DVI Cable, only need a 3 foot long cable since the HD box is right under my Samsung HLN 43..
www.ramelectronics.net
www.svideo.com (bought a DVI to HDMI cable from them)

· Registered
7,918 Posts
newegg.com, they have a 6 foot cable for like $15 bucks...

· Registered
460 Posts
Microcenter sells 6' dual link cables (Belkin, I think) for $30. They don't appear to have ferrite noise suppressors that the cables I get with monitors have, so I'm a little leery of them.

· Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I've bought many cables of all types from Pacific Cables at good prices, with no problems at all (they do custom lengths, also... good for long A/V runs!)

www.pacificcable.com

(As was said, the only thing you'll find in a local store is usually Monster-type or else junk patch cords. Hard to find good quality component or DVI, etc., at a local place.)

· Registered
7,918 Posts
DVI is digital, as long as the signal gets there the picture will be fine, there's no need to spend a ton on a cable... Now for analog cables like a component set, you don't want to go cheap...

· Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mjones73
Now for analog cables like a component set, you don't want to go cheap...
My main TV set has a component cable made of 3 RG59 cable based 6ft composite video cables with colored electricians tape at the ends for identification purposes. The ran me $1.75 each. They work wonderfully well thank you. While brands of DVI cable make no difference, brands of component cable usually make little difference. It's not that hard to make a good cable.

· Premium Member
7,093 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.