AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching of the forums and didn't find any relevant information, so I figured as a new user of the avsforum (thanks to Scott aka Deth) I'd use my newly acquired status to find out... Is pc to hdtv as simple as getting a dvi to component adapter? My video card has VGA, RCA, S-VIDEO, and DVI output... and I figured the best to use with hdtv would be dvi, and found that quite a few web sites sell dvi -> component adapters. My tv is supposadly 'dvi upgradeable' but I guess toshiba hasn't released the 'upgrade' yet (just got a toshiba 42h82).

Now of course, the alternative is to buy a transcoder for like $150... but I was keeping my fingers crossed with my question here in the hopes I can save myself some money =)

Thanks ahead of time for any replies...

Ben

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Since you did not mention the brand of card, the only DVI to Component adapter (dongle) that I know of is for ATI Radeons. They have them for the 8500, 9500 and 9700, and they are all limited to 480P when viewing DVDs (without 3rd party software). The AA transcoder was on sale a month ago at $99, where the ATI dongle is $29 (with an outrageous shipping charge - $15 ground, $20 express).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.