AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! New to the forums.

Did a quick search and didn't find anything helpful, so I was hoping someone could help me with a technological question I have.

I've got an old Sony VPL VW10HT, which only has component input as its best source. I am trying to hook up my mac mini which has DVI out. I bought a DVI -> Component adapter, but the projector says "Frequency is out of range!" when I try to use it. Obviously, I bought the wrong adapter.

I'm wondering if anybody can point me to something that would work in my situation?

The projector's component input DOES have a 5 RCA component in, which I think used to be used for computer inputs with synch and other things I don't understand.

Thanks for any advice.

Adam

EDIT:

Just found this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

might be what I'm looking for...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Try setting the resolution and refresh rate on your mac to 720p60 - that might work - I recall that most PJ's will not accept any non-standard resolutions over component, and very few accept 1080p60 (if any) over component.

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
What "component" breakout cable did you get? You can't just use a DVI-A breakout cable and connect it to a YPbPr component input and expect it to works since the two are completely different signals. To do that you need a transcoder. But a better solution is to either use the RGBHV input with a breakout cable or get a video card with "HDTV" (YPbPr component) output.

And that adapter only works with a very select few ATI cards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts