AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung 931 DVD with dvi and my Samsung DLP arrives Monday. I have Comcast cable and I know the DVI output is not supported. What kind of cable do I need for the TV and DVD and what connections should I make with the Comcast HD box? Also do they usually supply the cables and are they good quality? Thank you.

· Registered
223 Posts
You should order a DVI cable from pacificcable.com for $19.00, use this cable to connect the DVD player to your DLP. The cable company should provide the component cable for you to connect the HD box to your display.

· Registered
350 Posts
Another great source for component cable (if you want good cable) is bluejeanscable.com. I was very skeptical at first that I would notice any difference in cheap vs. mid-priced cables, but the component cables from bluejeanscable.com really did make a great difference on my DirecTV component connection.

Ebay also has some cheap deals on DVI cables. Apparently with DVI (check other posts on avsforum), the cable quality on any length of cable under 10m or so really makes no difference. I can only say that my 3m cable from eBay for $10 does everything I need it to. I compared it to a $70 DVI cable from Best Buy and noticed no difference, whereas I noticed a huge different between BestBuy component cable and BlueJeans cable (bluejeans being much much better)....

My 2 cents on cables. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.