AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased the Infocus 5000 PJ and want to run a DVI-D 25 pin cable from my Samsung 160 HD D* receiver.....I looked at the cable that was supplied with the 160 and noticed that it was missing the 6 middle pins in the DVI-D end.....and one more thing the SP5000 has the DVI were there is extra 4 pins on the outside end of the DVI cable making it a total of 29 pins were as the Samsing can only except the 25 pin DVI-D cable.....will a DVI-D to DVI-D male work from Samsung to 5000...I guess what I'm asking is do you have to have the extra 4 pins in order to make the HDTV picture work?Or do they make a DVI-D 25 pin to DVI 29 pin cable or some sort of special adapter ?????Thanks in advance for any useful information :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sounds like a single link DVI-D cable came with your Samsung. Its probably all that is needed or more likely its all that the Samsung outputs.

The extra four pins are for DVI-A (analog) signals. The projector can maybe use either DVI-A or DVI-D. But chances are they put a female connector with all the pins on the PJ so you can use any cable. Only the pins that are neded are hooked up inside. The manual for the PJ should say what type of DVI connection it needs (Single link, dual link,- D, A, or I)

All About DVI is a good place to start learning about DVI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.