AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRAVO D1 DVD player claim to have "digital DVI (Progressive or Interlaced) scalable up to 1920x1080i or 1280 x 720p resolutions"

See the link.

http://www.vinc.us/product_bravo_d1.htm

It also says "Copy-protected DVD playback limited to 480i, 576i or 480p on YPbPr".

Does that mean non-HDCP plasmas like MP4 would be limited to 480p?

·
Registered
573 Posts
madan

From my interpretation of the threads about the Bravo D1 and Samsung DVD HD931 over on the DVD hardware part of AVSforum, you will need a HDCP compliant DVI-D port on a display capable of hi-definition (1080i or 720p) to utilize the hi-definition scaling on copy protected DVDs that these DVD players offer.

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Actually, although the Bravo is *supposed* to apply HDCP to any DVI output of CSS protected video (it's required as part of the CSS license per the DVD Forum), it apparently is not doing so (verified by Alan here at AVS and a few other users). FWIW, I can't see Samsung making the same "mistake" (they are large enough to get noticed and draw the full wrath of the DVD Forum for sure if they were to pull such a stunt) and I have to image that this unique output support will be short-lived, to say the least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.