Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my 7200 setup. I have a HDLeeza on order, as do many. I need to run 45 feet of cable, and want the best possible signal. Seems to me that the only way to insure bandwidth for true 1920X1080 performance (I want to run it now so when display devices become available I won't have to run new cable) is to go with fiber optic. This stuff is really pricey, about a grand for 66 feet if you get the detachedable connectors. My question, is anyone out there utilizing it and how they felt about performance.

Thanks,

Edward

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Edward,

I'm using a 66 footer between my Sony HD-200 and Marantz S2. Works great! No complaints other than the price. Got mine from www.dvigear.com. If you want to see what it looks like, I'm just up in Benicia.

Tom

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom!

Looks like a good link. Are these permanently attached to their terminations? It's not clear by the site. If they are, they are a much better deal then others I've been looking at. I have a HD200 as well, would love to see your setup sometime.

thanks,

Edward

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Yes, the connectors came attached. I haven't seen a model without connectors for pulling through conduit. I imagine those might be more expensive than the factory fabricated model. If you can run your cable with the connectors in place, I'd go that route. Again, the cable works great with the HD-200. It is, however, a butt ugly orange color. Looks like an outdoors AC extension cord. I have mine in conduit, so not a huge deal other than where it's visible at the projector connection. These guys look like they might have it in white:

http://www.cellarcinemas.com/cgi-bin...DVI-FIBER.html

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.