AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the MyHD 100 card doesn't have DVI-D output but the 120 card will work with a daughterboard that will support this. My question is, with the 100 card is it possible/easy to output through the DVI on a Radeon 7500 or better card??

As most here I'm trying to figure out which components to get.

Thanks!

· Registered
797 Posts
I share ElvisIncognito's sentiment re getting the video from MyHD to go out the ATI Video Card where I have DVI. But his "No" isn't quite accurate where I take MovingTarget's "possible" form of the question (as opposed to the "easy" form that is).

The MyHD card, like several others, will write the Transport Stream to files on your Hard Disk. Many folks have shown that such streams can be played back with S/W solutions. Such S/W takes advantage of the DxVA accelerators built in most ATI cards thus saving CPU cycles dramatically. Check out the DViCO FusionHDTV demo software discussed elsewhere in this forum. Of course, the S/W doesn't come without the card which kind of makes having the MyHD redundant :)

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so if I had the newer (to be released) 120 MyHD card, could I play DVDs through the DVI out on the daughter board?

2nd question, is there an easy way to get HDTV through a DVI output on a computer?

I'm sure there are others in this same boat but I'll ask anyway, my Sony HS10 only has 1 DVI-D input and it would be great to have the PC be able to let me play video games, watch DVDs and HDTV through the DVI-D input. Is there something out there that I could do that with? From what I've read so far and what you've told me here I don't think that's possible.

· Registered
1,689 Posts
I can't answer your first question (the product isn't out yet...), but can help you with the second one...

Besides the upcoming MyHD 120, there are two other options for DVI out (both of them require a video card with DVI outs).

First you can play any recordings with the right application (such as DVHSTools, Zoomplayer, etc.)

Second, you could get a FusionHDTV card (which will allow you to record, watch live and recorded HD)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.